Friday, May 18, 2018

Iris

I love iris. They are a delightful flower. I don't think there is anything that is easier to take care of than iris. So when I saw a couple of the strap like leaves of iris in the yard I was glad and waited impatiently for them to bloom and see what color they were. Iris come in many, many color. The orginal color seems to have been a purple color. But now there is hundreds of colors from pure white all the way to black. Blues and purples are the most common and what i expected to see when these opened as a nice blues is what I have seen the most of in our neighborhood. Instead i saw this lovely two toned flowers - dark purple on the lower leaves and a creamy peach on the upper ones. Both of the two clumps in my yard are the same color. Now I am having thoughts of making an iris bed somewhere in the yard. I need some other colors to go with these. I recently saw a double petaled iris in a flower catalog. It almost looked like a rose. It is very tempting to get one. (Sigh)








No comments: