Thursday, November 28, 2019

Road to Hatch

While in Las Cruces, NM my sister and I decided to take a day trip from her house to Hatch, NM. The first part of the trip we got nice views of the Rio Grande River.





At one point we saw this cute little, church made of native stone. It wasn't open so we didn't get to go inside.


We stopped for a few minutes at Fort Shelton State Park. Mostly what is left of the fort is adobe walls. There was a covered wagon on display, plus there was a nice natural garden with native plants like yucca, and cactus, grease wood, and sage.




We saw this true mesa out across the desert from us. A mesa means a very flat topped mountain.

We got to Hatch, NM. It was fall and the chile's in the fields had already been picked. The chile's from Hatch are known world wide as the best there are. We stopped for lunch at a place called Hot Stuff Restaurant and the enchiladas and tacos we had were as some of the best I have had. We also bought some souvenirs at the restaurant and at several other little stores in the area. Those stores are known for the pottery and metal art work that is brought up from the country of Mexico. I couldn't get much as it all had to go in my suitcase but I did get some. Most of my photos of the shops are on my phone as we didn't want to lug the big camera around but I haven't figured out how to download them yet. Will post them if I do.


 Another view of the famous Rio Grande River.

No comments: