Saturday, September 23, 2017

Different Trails

       The different trails or pathways that are lives take us on are unknown to all of us. I don't there is a person ever that could guess at the way their life would turn out. From the time we are teenagers or shortly there after we usually think we know what job or career we will have, and how we will live our life. But I have never hear any one say their life happened as they thought it would.
       That is what I was thinking about when I started this blog today. I have written several blogs - Tumbleweed Crossings, Wonderin' Words, and Yucca Tales - and thought I would do a new one. Especially since my life has taken a new direction to turn. I did Tumbleweed Crossings for about 15 years which was about living in Rio Rancho, New Mexico on a chunk of desert land. When I retired a few years ago I figured I would become a 'desert rat' for sure.
        Now I find I have moved - with my husband and pets - to Bedford, Kentucky to be near my son. What a change it is. From desert and high mountains to rolling hills of green grass and farmland and eastern forest land.
       I hope to have lots of photos of my new home area and be able to write about the wonderful sights in this Kentucky land. And not just Kentucky. We are about a half an hour from the border of Kentucky and Indiana. Madison, Indiana is where we do a lot of our shopping. To the northeast of us is Iowa where my nephew and family live and I hope to see them soon. The other way - east of us- is Petersburg, West Virginia where my husband, Lee, was raised and his sister still lives there along with some of his cousins and friends. In near by Ohio I have a cousin and her mom, one of my aunts visits there frequently. I can't wait to visit them next summer.
      Thanks to any one that stops by to read what I write and take a look at my photos. Look for more soon.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Always lovely to see you 'wondering words' and such interesting photos, and on a new blog too! xxx

Cindy said...

I have been trying to find this quote, and have at last come across it. What you write about our lives not turning out how we had thought, I think this quote from Great Expectations is very apt:-
"That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day.”