Friday, May 28, 2021

Rambling Rose

I have been here in Kentucky for 3 years. This is our 4th spring here. We have descovered we have several white rambling roses in the yard. If they bloomed before I didn't realize they were roses. They look a lot like the wild blackberries we have here. The little blossoms are only about 1 inch across but have a smell better than any rose I have ever smelled. I don't care for the smell of most roses. The bush is almost more like a vine and spangles across the blackberries and honeysuckles that are everywhere. They roses remind me of a while waterfall of flowers. I will take more care when we are cutting back the  growth of all the things that live here. I have been careful not to cut back to much as a lot of the birds, squirrels, and other small critters shelter in the brush. 








 

No comments: