Monday, April 19, 2021

My Random Thoughts #2




        I always heard that if you wanted to have a nice lawn to never have a female dog. I heard that the places that the female dog peed would kill out the grass. Hummmmm. And it doesn't seem to apply to the male dogs. Hummmm. Okay. I heard but since I lived in New Mexico where grass was very difficult to grow anyway I never had much of a lawn. (We bought a house once that had a lawn. I did everything I could to keep it alive. That included sweeping sand off the grass. I finally gave up.) I have now been in Kentucky for three years. I have a 12 year old female dog. I have noticed that every where she pees that the grass grows better than where she doesn't. Hummmmm. I have decided that all those stories about having to use all kinds of fertilizer and other things to keep the grass growing due to the urine of a dog are all a marketing gimmick. Another thought is that it was a way to keep from having a female dog that was always having a litter of puppies before spaying was so common as it is today. 

  I have had eight female dogs and one male. I have had lots of friends with males and females. I am convinced that a spayed female dog makes the better pet. Of course pure luck played into wither I got a male or female when it came to getting a pup as most of them have been strays that wandered into my life and stayed. (Now having said this the next dog I get will be a male.)

No comments: