Saturday, August 18, 2018

Toad Stools

I know almost nothing about toadstools and mushrooms. I can't tell the different. I think all of these are toadstools. My understanding is that toadstools are poision as are some mushrooms. And a few mushrooms are eatable. When you can't tell which is which do what I do; just take photos of them. We have had quite a few different kinds in our lawn with all the moisture we have. Each seems to be different from the next. As most are small I end up taking photos of them looking down on them. The first photo shows the stems on these two and next pic is of the same two looking down on them. 



This one was still full of water from a recent rain. They come in all kinds of colors. Off white, rust red, orange and even black.

And some are ragged on the edges.

This one looked like a horseshoe crap, but the next day it looked like a plop of cow poop.




No comments: