Sunday, June 10, 2018

Yard Art - Or Not

Seems like a lot of people like to put little statures or plastic animals in their yard. The previous owner of the house we bought a few months ago left several of these. I first pic shows two frogs. the one holding the leaf was in plain sight when we moved in. I decided to dig up a large, half buried flower pot on the edge of one side of the yard and found the laying down frog buried beside the pot. Guess they didn't like little froggie. I do.

The owl and the deer we found under a pile of junk in one of the sheds out back. The owl has a hole in his base that lets him sit on a fence post. It is one of the ones that the head is on a swivel and when the wind blows it moves. With the sun behind him he looks almost real. But the birds don't think so. I have seen them sit right beside it on the fence.


I think these are called gazing balls. Seems like a plant nursery I used to work far sold them. Never cared for them but couldn't bring my self to throw them out. the wheel was laying on the ground and when I picked it up I found a little rose bush struggling to survive. It has stood up and put on a couple of blooms since I took the wheel off of it.


I wouldn't have moved this big concrete basket either. In fact it will probably sit there forever. Aparently there used to be a tree there as we found a big tree stump under the basket when we were trying to figure out what we might do with it. The little boy with his dog on a bench didn't come with the basket as they turned out to be plastic.

 Now this squirrel and rabbits were mine and came with me from New Mexico.
Oh and this rabbit is real yard art. He even runs around the yard.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

oh, how sweet. I have a few garden ornaments xxx