Wednesday, March 16, 2022

In Reply


 

In Reply

In reply to your request to send a check, or Credit Card number,

I wish to inform you that the present condition of my bank account

makes it almost impossible. My shattered financial condition is due to federal laws, estate laws, county laws, city laws, corporation laws, mother-in-laws, brother-in-laws, sister-in-laws and outlaws.

Through these laws, I am compelled to pay a business tax, amusement tax, head tax, school tax and excise tax. I am required to get a business license, car license, operators license, truck license, not to mention a marrage and dog license.

I am required to contribute to every society and organization which the genius of man is capable of bringing to life; to woman’s relief, unemployed relief, and gold diggers relief. Also to every hospital and charitable institution in the city, including the Salvation Army, Community Chest, Red Cross, Purple Cross, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Heart Fund, Polio Fund, YMCA and the YWCA.

My business is so governed that it is no easy matter to find out who owns it. I am inspected, expected, suspected, dis-respected, rejected, dejected, examined, informed, required, summoned, fined, commanded and compelled, until I provide an inexhaustible supply of money for every known need, desire or hope of the human race.

Simply because I refuse to donate to something or other, I am boycotted, talked about, lied about, help up, held down, and robbed until I am almost ruined.

But I thank you for your consideration.

Author Unknown

No comments: