Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Random Thought #5

 Why Do We Name Our Pets What We Name Them?  

      I realized today that many people that have multible pets name them simular names.

     I have noticed that people tend to to this with their children, too. One person I know had a name starting with J. She married a man with a J name. As you have guessed they named all their children with J names. Another family I know did this with D names. 

   A friend has had 7 dogs. 3 had names that started with R. 2 had names that started with S. 

   On considering I counted that I have had 13 dogs in my life. The names were very random. I did find 2 had S names, 2 with B names and 2 had T names. All the other names had different letters starting the name. When my family and I named them I do not remember ever thinking about what letter the name started with. We just wanted to make sure the name fit the dog.

Skippy, SSkippy, Boots, Bonnie, Tag, Sandy, Kelly, Bow, Chase, D.D., Nicky, Codee, Tuffee, Ziva

I found about the same with my horses. I only named the first 2 horses. The other 4 came with names and I didn't change them.  Star, BlackJack, Sundance (Sunny), Bonita (Nita), Stormy, and Traveler. 

But ----------

When I looked at all the names of the 25 cats I have had I found that acidently I had used S names 6 times and T names 5 times and C names 4 times. I have no idea why. It just happened.  

       Tom, Smokey, Tiggy, Nusance, Rowdy, Ginger, Cotton, Spooky, Stormy, Ricci,Teaky, Spot, Skiggle, Buddy, Danny, Corky, Jade, K.C., Murphy, Wiley, Tinkie, Cassie, Chantilly, Silky.

   I noticed that my son hasn't payed any attention to how he named all his cats and horses, either. I did notice that for a while he named several cats and a couple of horses with just letters. K.C.,    O.C.   C.W.   and CAT.

We did think about it when we gave our son his middle name that was the same as his fathe'rs middle name, and the same as both of his grandfathers, and a couple of my uncles. Which makes me think about the thought that a lot of names are used for middle names but not so much for first names. 

Danny,ig


      

Tom, Sm

Bu



  

No comments: