Friday, March 24, 2023

random thought - or not

     So I haven't been on here for ages. Or so it seems. I checked the date and the last post was 11/30/2022. Yes it has been a while. I guess I got writers block - or some such. I will try again but don't get your hope up yet. I may or may not be able to continue writing things on this blog. It seemed like I was able to do it better when I lived in New Mexico. Can't say I really care much for Kentucky. Of course the Covid outbreak may have had something to do with that. 

    But I can't seem to make any friends here. It seems that every one is only concerned with going to church. Not something I was ever into. Plus this town is so small. Only about 3000 people in the county. And I thought that some of the towns in New Mexico were small. Even the shopping is limited. One Walmart. One Kroger, One Dollar Tree. One Dollar General and a few fast food places. And a Walgreens. There is a library. But I can't say much for it either. And of course there is a church on ever street corner. Or so it seems. 

   Even the wildlife we used to see isn't coming around as much. We still get a fair amount of birds and I put out seed for them as it doesn't seem as there is much for them to eat around here. Especially since so muc of the land was logged in the time we have been here. We saw a deer two days ago. It was the first we had seen in about six months. Of course we have seen a few tracks through our yard but the deer themselves seem to stay more hidden from us. 

   This being said I will try to overcome my writers block and get with it again. 

   




   

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry to hear that friends are few and far between where you live, it is difficult to make nice new friends, I've found that out here too. It is a pity you don't live near me - we could have a chat over a cuppa often! x