Sunday, July 14, 2019

Pumpkins and Tomatos

Last fall when my pumpkins started to go bad I through them out in the far back thinking some critters might eat them. This spring I had pumpkins come up a long way from where I put the rotten ones last fall and in places I had never planted any last year. That's Okay. I figured maybe a squirrel had stached them to eat later and now they were coming. Problem is so far there have been lots of beautiful male blossoms on the vines but no female blossoms. Which means no pumpkins. I will keep hoping.





We bought 3 tomato plants and put them in large pots. The first blossom on this one was a double blossom. I don't think I have ever seen one or even hear of one being double. It did not set a tomato but lots of the other blossoms did.




No comments: