Monday, March 25, 2019

Some birds and Things

The cardinals have been where ever cardinals go in the winter. Last year there was 3 pair that hung around here. So far I have only seen 1 pair this year. I put out some sunflower seeds for them and got some decent photos of the both the male and female. It is easy to tell the difference in the cardinals but my book says the male and female red-headed woodpecker look the same so I haven't figured out if I have one woodpecker coming in or more than one. Anyway the woodpecker seems to be fond of something he or she is digging out of the ground in my front yard.





 Red-headed woodpecker

The squirrel has come in for a share of the sunflower seeds.

The daffodils are looking good at the abandoned house down the road from us.





It was very late and I had to zoom all the way to see this pair of does out back of our place.

No comments: