Sunday, February 11, 2018

States and Towns

Thinking of buying a new house in a town I never, in my wildest dreams, thought of living in reminds me of all the places I have lived.

    Born on an Air Force Base near Albuquerque, New Mexico
Pampa, Texas - moved there when I was 3.
Burlington, Vermont - moved to a Air Force Base near there when I was 5
Pampa, Texas - we were there about 4 months that time when I was 6.
Los Vegas, Nevada - I was 7 when we moved to Nellis Air Force Base near there.
Tampa, Florida - moved to McDill Air Force Base near there when I was 11.
Tucson, Arizona - moved to Davis Monthan Air Force Base near there when I was 13.
Sandpoint, Idaho - we moved there when Dad retired from Air Force and I was 14.
Albuquerque, New Mexico - back to my birth place for last 2 years of high school when I was 16.
Chandler, Arizona - I lived there about 6 months with my parents and joined the Navy when I was 18.
Bainbridge, Maryland - 10 weeks here for Navy boot camp.
San Diego, California - Navy sent me here where I met Lee, we got married, I was 20 when we left.
Wakeigan, Illinois - we were here for 6 months while Lee had Navy schooling.
Silver City, New Mexico - I stayed with my parents while Lee was on a Navy ship.
Honolulu, Hawaii - was here 4 months with Lee before he was off on ship again and I was back to
      NM. Turned 21 here.
Silver City, New Mexico - Lee got out of Navy and we stayed here about 3 years when I was 24.
Albuquerque, New Mexico - moved here so Lee could go to school. Lived in several houses. Had
       our son, Dustin. I was 33 when we moved to small town near Albuquerque.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico - I would never have though of spending 35 years in this town but we did
       in 2 different houses.
Bedford, Kentucky - my son moved here and we followed. I am not sure why. I am now 66.

You can count them, that is 19 different places although I lived twice or more at a couple of them. This is just the towns and states. This list would be a lot longer if I added in all the different houses I lived in. I know there are lots of people who have lived a lot more places, but then I know of people who have never lived outside of the town they were born in. And even a few who were born, lived and died in the same house.
  Just another of the Different Trails that people follow in their lives.

No comments: